3 Mobile broadband

Chris Lingwood

Featured Posts

New this week its £10, £15 to £25 a month for 1GB 3GB and 7GB respectively and the modem is free if you get either of the 2 most expensive ones. only available in the some of the north from September then it rolls out to other places but most of the country doesn't get it. Its up to 2.8MBs so LOADS better than my current grps dial up speed.

And you can get a free bluetooth headset if you talk to them on their live chat.

The coverage looks fairly limited at the moment so you need to check on the checker. Its the green turbo button you want to press. Skype is allowed too (I asked them) so with skype pro you get "unlimited" calls to a landline for an extra £1.50 a month. BARGAIN!

I think my tmobile contact might find itself cancelled soon if I can get something approximating an landline.

If you do a Google, theres a website somewhere where you type your postcode in and it tells you which masts are near and who owns them. Might be worth a look?

We get the superfast 3.5g (through vodafone) here but it was no blimmin good last week when the storms blew the mast down and it took them days to fix!

Edited by Lady Muck

Well I've been assured I will have good coverage (we shall see) and its the cheapest way of getting broadband which isn't tied to a mobile phone so my girlfriend can use it while I'm out. I've ordered it and got the free modem and free bluetooth thingy. I should be able to get the 2.8MBs signal which I believe is per mast, so even if it averages out to around 512kbs or even 256kbs would be much better than grps and only £2.50 a month more.

Edited by Chris Lingwood