Could my batteries be knackered?

benjamino

Featured Posts

Switch it OFF and then ON again. Most chargers have a simple timer for the absorption stage so your charger will go through the whole cycle again.

Chris

If you have a Victron Phoenix Multi combined inverter/charger like I have (and perhaps this applies also to their stand alone chargers) you can actually program it by attaching a laptop and software downloaded from their website. A range of programs exist for all sorts of batteries and conditions such as in this thread about messing with when the float period comes in and so on, not that I understand all that but it can be done by those that do, as well as a host of other features to do with its inverter function etc. that you can vary on the thing.

Not though that I have tried to do anything like that with it, but I will need to do so to adjust some settings if I get the Honda EU10i I've been considering to plug into it when out and about.

A fabulous piece of kit delivering pure sine wave mains power. I don't understand why anyone would fit anything other than that, or Mastervolt of course.

regards

Steve

Edited by anhar

If you have a Victron Phoenix Multi combined inverter/charger like I have (and perhaps this applies also to their stand alone chargers) you can actually program it by attaching a laptop and software downloaded from their website. A range of programs exist for all sorts of batteries and conditions such as in this thread about messing with when the float period comes in and so on, not that I understand all that but it can be done by those that do, as well as a host of other features apart to do with its inverter function that you can vary on the thing.

Not though that I have tried to do anything like that with it, but I will need to do so to adjust some settings if I get the Honda EU10i I've been considering to plug into it when out and about.

A fabulous piece of kit delivering pure sine wave mains power. I don't understand why anyone would fit anything other than that, or Mastervolt of course.

regards

Steve

I wouldn't.

The circuit board is mounted a couple of mm too close to the front panel, and manufacturing tolerances mean that on a few of them the front panel presses onto part of the wiring causing wierd faults.

I wouldn't.

The circuit board is mounted a couple of mm too close to the front panel, and manufacturing tolerances mean that on a few of them the front panel presses onto part of the wiring causing wierd faults.

I didn't know that Dave. It doesn't seem to be a general fault though. Ask Gary Peacock of Ledgard, he knows as a boat builder having supplied many installations which are the best quality inverter and charger systems. I am convinced that Victron or Mastervolt are head and shoulders over any other brand on quality and backup and knock S***ling for six.

I recently had an email exchange with the Victron head office in Holland on some points I didn't quite understand regarding attaching the Honda generator and received detailed responses giving the answers within hours each time.

Anyway, my principal point was that Victron enable variation of the charging pattern via a computer which therefore may be able to deal with the problem stated earlier in the thread, unlike other brands that have fixed patterns.

regards

Steve

Edited by anhar