bmc 1.8 weight ?

raymac

Featured Posts

My injector pump needs changing and I am trying to find the weight of a bmc 1.8 engine and a prm 120 gearbox as it will make it easier to lift them out to work on the pump. Everything is undone anyway as I needed to make and fit a oil tray for under the engine for the boat safety test (mountings undone and prop off to lift so I could get the tray under)so it sould not be too hard.I haved no luck searching the net or this forum and have left my workshop manual on the boat. Thanks in advance for any replys.

P.S Anyone know where I buy or hire,borrow the Leyland tool for timing the pump.

I can find both 535 and 585 lb quoted.

I don't know if that includes a gearbox though, or indeed marinisation parts that may push the wight up a bit.

A PRM 120 only seems to weigh about 35 lbs though (from a quick Google) so fairly insignificant in the overall picture.

My injector pump needs changing and I am trying to find the weight of a bmc 1.8 engine and a prm 120 gearbox as it will make it easier to lift them out to work on the pump. Everything is undone anyway as I needed to make and fit a oil tray for under the engine for the boat safety test (mountings undone and prop off to lift so I could get the tray under)so it sould not be too hard.I haved no luck searching the net or this forum and have left my workshop manual on the boat. Thanks in advance for any replys.

The AMC specifications for 108/2 fitted with PRM Delta is 248Kg (547lbs)!

Provided the camshaft/crankshaft alignment is not altered, removal of the pump is staight forward, it can only engage in one position (the sprocket is locked by a pin in the timing cover when fitting the timing chain). There is sufficient adjustment on the mountings to take account of fine tuning.

P.S Anyone know where I buy or hire,borrow the Leyland tool for timing the pump.

Wow - what's wrong with your pump?

Richard

Wow - what's wrong with your pump?

Richard

When I was bleeding it, The 8mm bleed screw on the side of the pump kept turning around in the housing. I have been told that cone like shape thing that the bleed screw goes into(wish I had my manual with me so I could give you the correct names for everything) are only pressed in and my one broke up! I did have a old pump that was with the boat when got it so I took the housing off that one and it worked fine for a half an hour then stopped. Since then I have not been able to get it to run.I think when it broke up some fragments must have gone into main body of the pump, So time to change the pump I think.