Lister Canal Star 36 marine engines

Featured Posts

Hi,

I'm sure that some of you must have un-biased experiences of these engines, can any of you advise me on their service life and the feasibility of re-conditioning once they are clapped out?

We've just bought a NB, which has just over 2,000 hours on the meter, my surveyor suggested that they are only any good for 4,000 hours, which surprised me, because Lister have a good name.

Many thanks!

:smiley_offtopic:

Hi,

I'm sure that some of you must have un-biased experiences of these engines, can any of you advise me on their service life and the feasibility of re-conditioning once they are clapped out?

We've just bought a NB, which has just over 2,000 hours on the meter, my surveyor suggested that they are only any good for 4,000 hours, which surprised me, because Lister have a good name.

Many thanks!

:smiley_offtopic:

Please give me a ring at work 01895 236246 (Marine Engine Services) Marine Engine for a chat with the Lister Marinisers !

We have been involved with Lister-Petter engines for over 30 years and all of us are boaters

Chris

Hi Byeck.

4,000 hours is very little for any low stressed diesel, if it was fitted in a van it would be less than 2 very relaxed years of age, where you could expect it to last for a good 20 years without any major work being required. I would suggest your bloke either doesn't know what he is talking about or he has some other agenda.