MARINA MOORINGS

OGGDOG

Featured Posts

Hi we are thinking of buying a narrowboat and would like to know of any good moorings either on the oxford or grand union canals.

Also any idea of costs involved.

if anyone has abreakdown of total yearly costs to keep a boat going i would very much appreciate it.

also who are the good boat builders?

Mick

Hi we are thinking of buying a narrowboat and would like to know of any good moorings either on the oxford or grand union canals.Also any idea of costs involved.if anyone has abreakdown of total yearly costs to keep a boat going i would very much appreciate it.also who are the good boat builders?Mick
Hi, We brought a boat from Sisden boats in Nov 04, they sell ex-hire boats, although our's ( as have many) are only hired out for one season (4-5 months),we have a beautiful 47ft boat, semi-trad, it came will everything, interter, cooker,microwave,fridge,cd,curtains, full tank of diesel and lot's more. We had her delivery to Watford from Keighley, we secured a rural mooring at Harefield marina, quite relaxed friendly and open, a great first time mooring, I think the mooring was about £1500.00 per annum, realisically I beleive the total cost for our boat, which we use every weekend etc, but do not live aboard, is 4k+ :rolleyes::boat: per annum. But I would not hesitate to reccommend Silsden Boats....please mention us to Barbara jenny etc if you do contact them....Wendy and Steven Jinkins Mr Jinks
Edited by Mr Jinks