House boat for rent

john12345

Featured Posts

1 minute ago, Marshian said:

True - I don't boat in London.  My boat's a chance to get out of London to the sticks.  I keep forgetting what those big, flat green things are - oh yes, that's it, fields...

Nice to get away to the sticks, but I wouldn't want to live there

I don't mean London's canals are full, its London as a whole that is far too full.  

• Greenie 2

8 minutes ago, Marshian said:

I think the distinction is artificial.  Whenever I've offered an empty property at an initial rent, or raised the rent for the current tenant, rents charged within the local rental market would be the sole determining factor.  If the costs of the property aren't covered by rent based on that criterion, then I'm in the wrong business!

Yes, we are agreeing but expressing our agreement in our own different ways.

15 hours ago, system 4-50 said:

I don't mean London's canals are full, its London as a whole that is far too full.  

The full canals are a symptom of urban congestion, but London wouldn't be the same place without it.  I think it's a case of I'll take it, and you'll leave it

15 hours ago, Athy said:

Yes, we are agreeing but expressing our agreement in our own different ways.

Ok, we can agree to not differ :)

20 minutes ago, Marshian said:

The full canals are a symptom of urban congestion, but London wouldn't be the same place without it.  I think it's a case of I'll take it, and you'll leave it

Having lived in London for the last 42 years, I can confirm that it used to be a more pleasant place than it is now, and yes, I expect to leave it :) within the next 2 months.

Edited by system 4-50

6 minutes ago, system 4-50 said:

Having lived in London for the last 42 years, I can confirm that it used to be a more pleasant place than it is now, and yes, I expect to leave it :) within the next 2 months.

Yes, I abandoned London last year, to spend warm winters in the Canaries, and wet summers on my boat!  But I go back as often as I can...