CRT survey

larryjc

Featured Posts

40 minutes ago, b0atman said:

Camber would have sorted this in the beginning

Most towpaths that I have seen being tarmac'ed, or equivalent, have been levelled (probably straightened not levelled) off using edging boards either side.

Edited by Mike Todd

On 22/03/2018 at 11:40, Mike Todd said:

Most towpaths that I have seen being tarmac'ed, or equivalent, have been levelled (probably straightened not levelled) off using edging boards either side.

My father worked in the building game our next door neighbour was a civil engineer for the council .Both seperately laid garage floors the engineers had a large pool of water when it rained.All surfaces nedd a run off or porosity with drainage.

1 hour ago, b0atman said:

My father worked in the building game our next door neighbour was a civil engineer for the council .Both seperately laid garage floors the engineers had a large pool of water when it rained.All surfaces nedd a run off or porosity with drainage.

My point was not that there was no run-off (that was my point originally regarding where the water goes from  a hard, non-porous, surface) but about the need for camber. That would provide run off to both sides but in the example shown that would result in half the water being puddles against the upstand to the edge further from the canal.