Walex toilet chemical sachets (Porta-Pak & Bio-Pak)

magictime

Featured Posts

Anybody got any experience of these? They seem to be popular in the US but relatively new to the UK, and although there are plenty of (mostly positive) reviews out there, what I really want to know is how they compare with Aqua Kem (especially the sachets).

For a bit of context, we've always just used Aqua Kem Blue liquid in the past, but since we're buying a shiny new Porta Potti Excellence in readiness for living aboard, this seems like the right time to be deciding whether to switch to something better/cheaper/less pongy/less messy/easier to store/more eco-friendly, if there is such a thing. I notice that even the 'blue' Porta Pak sachets are formaldehyde-free, for instance, but I'm not sure if that's a plus if we're only ever emptying at san stations?

Other recommendations also welcome, although I am leaning towards sachets of proper toilet chemicals rather than either liquids or DIY options like detergent and yeast with which people seem to have very mixed results.