Torksey 27th June 2007

Richard T

Featured Posts

Just a few images of Torksey taken last night by a work colleague. A bit dark but better than nothing.Try looking in my gallery as I'm thick and can't work out how to post images from my gallery. http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php...m&album=202

Perhaps someone can point me in the direction of an idiots guide to getting images from my gallery into a posting.

Edited by Richard T

A tragedy........

MAN'S BODY FOUND IN CANAL

08:00 - 29 June 2007

A man who was found submerged in floodwater has yet to be named.

Police divers recovered the body three hours after a man in his 60s was reported missing.

They pulled the body from the Fossdyke Canal at Torksey Lock, between Gainsborough and Lincoln at about 1.10pm yesterday.

The man, who has not been named, is thought to be from Walkeringham near Doncaster.

Police said he fell from a dinghy between the Sheffield Boat Club and private moorings at Elms Retirement Park.

Lincolnshire Police divisional communications officer Rachael Hill said the alarm was raised at around 10.10am yesterday.

The Lincolnshire and Nottinghamshire Air Ambulance and RAF search and rescue helicopters were scrambled and police divers ordered to the scene.

RAF air crews used thermal imaging equipment to try to locate the man before the body was discovered underwater close to where he went missing.

I spoke to the boaters who are moored across the entrance to the lock yesterday. They say the guy was trying to get to his boat because it was sinking - not enough slack in the lines to cope with the rising water - poor sod