Barge Ambulance

Scholar Gypsy

Featured Posts

Happened to be watching this and thought what good ambassadors NB Dawn 'til Dusk were for the boating community....

On encountering the lady in distress (broken ankle whilst walking on towpath) they had apparently pulled over and helped to make her comfortable until ambulance arrived (when they did arrive she was sipping a mug of tea). They then provided a (smooth) ride for patient and paramedic to the next road bridge - along with the above mentioned bacon sarnie for the medic! I got the impression they were not particularly keen to be on camera, but should be commended for their community spirit.

I'm pretty sure I shared a couple of locks with this boat approaching Leamington last week. If I'm right, then it's a share boat that was being recovered by fellow-owner following an accident that had put one of crew in Warwick hospital - I hope all turned out OK.

• Greenie 1

Hi, as it happens we were the same people who appeared on TV last night and also who met you last week going through locks on another rescue mission! We were pleased to be in right place at right time to help both times, thanks for your kind words.

it was interesting that the event with the lady on the towpath was over an hour, we fed her daughter breakfast nibbles too, yet it was such a short edited part of the program. We were not particularly camera shy but guess we were not the main attraction! We've kept in touch with the injured lady so know that she has since made a good recovery.

regards, Liz

• Greenie 3