Flooding in the Midlands

wergie

Featured Posts

Hi All,

I've just seen the reports of heavy flooding in the Birmingham area on the 10 o'clock news, and as i have left my boat at Stourton on the Staffs and Worcs i've become a little concerned as to the state of the canal. Can anyone give me an update on the conditions in the area, just in case i have to make an emergency trip up North!!

Cheers,

Steve

I've just seen the reports of heavy flooding in the Birmingham area on the 10 o'clock news, and as i have left my boat at Stourton on the Staffs and Worcs i've become a little concerned as to the state of the canal.

Hi Steve,

The canal's fine, all the overflows have done their job. I've never seen the Stour up so high though and there's plenty of flooding in the area. A few miles up at Swindon / Hinksford there are lakes where I've never in my life seen lakes, but I'm sure your boat will be fine. The canal's well above the river.

Drove over the Severn last night, that's very high and very brown, and it usually takes a few days for that to peak.

I'm not going Stourton way today, but will take a look tomorrow. What's the boat name?

Hi Steve,

The canal's fine, all the overflows have done their job. I've never seen the Stour up so high though and there's plenty of flooding in the area. A few miles up at Swindon / Hinksford there are lakes where I've never in my life seen lakes, but I'm sure your boat will be fine. The canal's well above the river.

Drove over the Severn last night, that's very high and very brown, and it usually takes a few days for that to peak.

I'm not going Stourton way today, but will take a look tomorrow. What'swould have a look for me if you are going that way.

Hi Steve,

I'm not going Stourton way today, but will take a look tomorrow. What'swould have a look for me if you are going that way.

Hi Steve,

I'm not going Stourton way today, but will take a look tomorrow. What's the boat name?

Hi Moley,

I'm not quite sure how to work this reply button thingy, but my boat is called Pat, and it is moored up just below Stewpony lock. If you are going that way i would be very gratefull if you could have a look for me.

Many thanks,

Steve

Excellent news, many thanks for your trouble

No trouble at all, I drive past there 6 days out of 7 and can always spare a few minutes to have a wander up or down the towpath.

How long is she going to be there? Now I know where she is I'll look over on a daily basis. Drop me a PM.

Edited by Moley

Now , hopefully the flooding has peaked , could anyone tell me what the severn is looking like from gloucester docks running up to upton on severn

cheers

Rick

Severn at Tewkesbury was close to top of banks on Sunday. Dropped about 18" overnight, could go back up depending on this weeks rainfall though

No trouble at all, I drive past there 6 days out of 7 and can always spare a few minutes to have a wander up or down the towpath.

How long is she going to be there? Now I know where she is I'll look over on a daily basis. Drop me a PM.

Hi Moley,

I'm intending to go up on Sunday to pick her up and hopefully head to Saul for the Festival (i've got to do car parking duty when i get their)'

but it all depends on the height of the Severn!!, Still, i've never been to Stourport, which is just as well as i could be there for some time!!

Regards,

Steve

Well done Ade. :D

You don't pass Napton on occasions by any chance?

Got a bit of brass in need of a polish. :)