The Kelvin and Vintage Marine Engine Rally

David

Featured Posts

The kelvin and Vintage engine rally is at Audlem on the Shropshire Union this year on Friday 7th to Sunday 9th of September.

Full details from Kevin Whittle at kwhittle@btconnect.com

Members of the Kelvin Register and the Vintage Marine Engine register cost £20 per boat and up to 6 persons

None members £20 per boat and up to 4 persons

Each admission includes 6" cast brass plaque

Camping and B&B, Trade Stands contact K.Whittle

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I don't have anything to do with organising this or contact with K.Whittle other than sending my entrance fee etc.

Just thought I would put it on here as no one else seems to each year.

Your P4 would be most welcome, I don't recall a P in a boat but a trade stand chap brought a brand new unused one to Bugsworth to sell last year. They may hold the tug of war again if the wide bit at the winding hole is not to busy (a bit close to the lock etc) if they do you might fancy entering, not compulsory, but you could have the satisfaction of dragging a Lister or Ruston backwards up the cut, them damb Garners are a bit more difficult, the 4 cyliner ones, but a K2 and 4LW (think it was LW, 54horse power against the K44) pulled to an honorable draw.

All in the best of good fun and all types enjoy each others engines.

david

Hi

I don't have anything to do with organising this or contact with K.Whittle other than sending my entrance fee etc.

Just thought I would put it on here as no one else seems to each year.

Your P4 would be most welcome, I don't recall a P in a boat but a trade stand chap brought a brand new unused one to Bugsworth to sell last year. They may hold the tug of war again if the wide bit at the winding hole is not to busy (a bit close to the lock etc) if they do you might fancy entering, not compulsory, but you could have the satisfaction of dragging a Lister or Ruston backwards up the cut, them damb Garners are a bit more difficult, the 4 cyliner ones, but a K2 and 4LW (think it was LW, 54horse power against the K44) pulled to an honorable draw.

All in the best of good fun and all types enjoy each others engines.

david

I will be there along with my partner "The Red Oxide Queen", although unfortunately not on my boat which won't be finished even by then, but will hopefully at least be on the water.

Mike

I will be there along with my partner "The Red Oxide Queen", although unfortunately not on my boat which won't be finished even by then, but will hopefully at least be on the water.

Mike

You will get a coffee etc if you gives us a call on Mister B, hope to see you. We only got our boat to last years for the first time due to distance and time available etc had to go by car to the previous rallys. Good place to pick up ideas if you are still finishing off your boat/engine.

swmbo has informed me we shall be on our way back home as we are going a week early this year damn :)

Ah well some other time maybe, there maybe a few boats there a week or so early having weekend up etc or looking for the beast spot.

david

Edited by David