trouble with msn messenger and t-mobile?

nmptwentyone

Featured Posts

anyone else having trouble? all of a sudden on both my laptop and hers (different mobiles too) msn messenger stopped connecting. strange that it should happen on the two laptops and phones (all combinations), which makes me think it might be t-mobile blocking it.

yeah I think they changed the terms and conditions of the £7.50 tariff, although it should still work on the £12.50 tariff.

Edit: I've got the £12.50 (as do you if you are using it on a laptop) and the pocket msn won't sign in now. Maybe they've blocked it for everyone/something's gone bang!

Edited by Chris Lingwood

yeah I think they changed the terms and conditions of the £7.50 tariff, although it should still work on the £12.50 tariff.

Edit: I've got the £12.50 (as do you if you are using it on a laptop) and the pocket msn won't sign in now. Maybe they've blocked it for everyone/something's gone bang!

they are blocking it on the £7.50 tariff! had the phone for 6 six months, brought from tmobile shop were i told hem exactly what i wanted it for! and now hey change there minds half way through he contract! ****ing liberty!

Yup, Messenger stopped working for me too. I contacted T-Mobile and they first said it was not blocked and promised me someone from technical department would phone me. As nobody did, I contacted them, got through to technical department who said I had to upgrade to web&walk plus (£5 extra per month), which I did. The next day, it was still NOT working. I called them again and they said nothing had been done but they would do it straight away. I waited a few hours and it was still NOT working. As I'm now abroad for a while, I'll have to wait to check again. MSN works fine on other internet connections so it's not my computer. Poor customer service! They could have warned us!!!

Marc

Edited by grandunion5

Yeah you have to check that you are on a tariff that allows VOIP and IM, it's more expensive if you want to use it.

thats just it, the way i see it is tmobile realised its web n walk package was being used more than they thought for laptop internet not mobile and devised this web n walk plus to get more money out of us. web n walk plus wasnt mentioned when i took my contract out 6 months ago at a tmobile shop. i told the guy in there exactly what i wanted to use it for and web n walk with a phone was what i was sold!

I have to say when I took out my last T Mobile contract 10 months ago it was pretty clear in the T's and C's that web n walk £7.50 tariff was not for VOIP / IM / Modem / VPN / Video streaming type activities.

So I got a phone with 802.11. B)

I have to say when I took out my last T Mobile contract 10 months ago it was pretty clear in the T's and C's that web n walk £7.50 tariff was not for VOIP / IM / Modem / VPN / Video streaming type activities.

So I got a phone with 802.11. B)

Yep - you need WnW MAX to run VOIP and MSN

WnW plus allows you to use your mobile as a modem

WnW basic just gives you 3G on your mobile...

These tarrifs have been running for at least 6 months that I know of as I've been looking to upgrade from my old WnW tariff...

Simes.

anyone else having trouble? all of a sudden on both my laptop and hers (different mobiles too) msn messenger stopped connecting. strange that it should happen on the two laptops and phones (all combinations), which makes me think it might be t-mobile blocking it.

Is this still a problem? We just tried it in the office on the £7:50 W&W tariff, and MSN Messenger is working fine. As T-Mobile has in the past said it wasn't going to block these services, despite telling people not to use them and despite shipping phones on that tariff with the MSN Messenger client (mixed messages, anyone?), we're dead curious as to what the company is actually doing...

Rupert