Tree down Leicester line Grandunion

dunfixing

Featured Posts

Sitting, waiting for a very large tree to be cleared by bridge 31 on the Leicester line of the GU.

The email from crt says work has started to clear the tree, but as no one has arrived yet to start I'm not sure how they think it will move. Perhaps by magic.

Looks like they will need a work boat to clear that ? It will take a  while for it to get there.

Once we were moored on the Trent and a tree fell only a few feet from us one morning - no wind . It was cleared later the  same day. However it had not fallen over the  water and was accessible  on foot.

A few years ago I was held up at Gnosall due to fallen trees, one of which was as big as that. 

The contractors cut out a section of trunk wider than a narrowboat and floated it to the side, thus allowing passage. Took them less than an hour.

Not sure how long it took them to completely clear it, as obviously we continued on our way as soon as we could.

I was most impressed by the speedy response, once the contractors finally arrived on site.

Edited by cuthound

The tree is still there with as yet no sign of any work being done to clear it (I know CRT must be busy with other work as a result of the storm). The tree is approximately 1/3rd mile south of the Hope & Anchor pub at Syston.

On 03/03/2017 at 08:06, saxman said:

The tree is still there with as yet no sign of any work being done to clear it (I know CRT must be busy with other work as a result of the storm). The tree is approximately 1/3rd mile south of the Hope & Anchor pub at Syston.

Bridge 31 near Syston? Sure it's the same tree?

Ian.