Remove thetford casette

Slimmyman

Featured Posts

Hi,

I am currently about to remove a thetford casette toilet and replace with an airhead composting toilet.

I've tried ringing various places nearby (currently moored near milton keynes) for a proffesional to come and do the job, but it seems everyone is booked for weeks!

I think I may just attempt the job myself and was wondering if anybody could talk me through the process (or come round tomorrow to earn a days work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, such as what tools I need to drill through the roof and how i disconect the casette toilet from the water supply..

Thanks a lot,

James

Hi,

I am currently about to remove a thetford casette toilet and replace with an airhead composting toilet.

I've tried ringing various places nearby (currently moored near milton keynes) for a proffesional to come and do the job, but it seems everyone is booked for weeks!

I think I may just attempt the job myself and was wondering if anybody could talk me through the process (or come round tomorrow to earn a days work)

Any help would be greatly appreciated, such as what tools I need to drill through the roof and how i disconect the casette toilet from the water supply..

Thanks a lot,

James

As for removing the cassette loo if it's a c260 or similar they are easy to remove.

With the cassette out you can see the fixing screws that fasten it to the floor. The upright section simply hooks over a bracket which fastens to the back wall.

Thanks for the help, it's a c200 cs d3 (catchy name)

Would that also be connected to a water pipe?

If it doesn't have a holding tank it will be connected to the boat water supply.

If so it should have an isolation tap which you could just turn off, or better still cap it off properly.

You get a thing called a "stop end". Get a push-fit one that fits the size of pipe, probably 15mm, and just push it on the open end of the pipe. Get it from B&Q or Screwfix or Wickes or Toolstation.

Fitting the airhead is probably straightforward except for the vent pipe hole. To someone used to doing boat stuff diy, this is reasonably easy, for a novice less so. Getting the hole in the right place is important.

Thanks Spade foot, i'll grab a stop end today. Any tips for the roof? Other than getting if in the right place, going to a hardware store this afternoon to get all the equipment for the job, so if theres anything that will make it easier for me i'd love to hear it..

Thanks a lot,

James

Thanks Spade foot, i'll grab a stop end today. Any tips for the roof? Other than getting if in the right place, going to a hardware store this afternoon to get all the equipment for the job, so if theres anything that will make it easier for me i'd love to hear it..

Thanks a lot,

James

The actual connection to the water supply on a Thetford C200 loo is usually by a length of flexible pipe, and it is usually a surprisingly small bore. If ultimately it connects back to solid 15mm pipework, there will usually be some arrangement on the end of that that reduces it down to a push on connector for the smaller flexible pipe size. You will probably need to remove anything that is there and then cap the end of the solid pipe. Hopefully the joint will be where you can get at it, rather than buried under a floor, or behind fixed panelling! Also hopefully that capped off end will not get in the way of where you want to put your new loo.

• 3 weeks later...

I have the same problem with water on top of the cassette. I got fed up today so removed the toilet to sort it out. It turned out to be a tiny leak from the joint from the hose to the electric valve. The rubber washer was full of limescale and the screw tightener was just a little slack. I changed the rubber washer (same as in normal garden hose fittings) and also used ptfe tape on the thread. After a good cleaning inside, refitted the toilet and made sure it wasn't leaking.

To make it easier, the toilet bowl can be removed by undoing 10 screws from where the cassette fits. (5 plastic fittings to let the bowl turn)

Easy to relocate and refit.

only bad bit was moving all the things she had stored under the bed so I could get in.... ;)

Edited by series3