Eberspacher circulation pump

Featured Posts

Hello,

I moved the header tank about 300mm across to fit another day tank in for my diesel stove.

After re filling the system my eberspacher started making a funny noise and the radiators weren't getting hot.

The pipes close to the eberspacher are very hot so it is heating the water it's just not getting circulated. Thought it might be an air lock so bled the system and still the same issue.

So now I assume that the pump is not working, I took the pump off the eberspacher and wired it directly to the power supply to see if it would run, which it did and it did draw in water once primed but sprayed the water out rather than a constant flow. Does this mean the pump has packed up even though it still runs when connected to power??

One thing after the other !!!

The pumps are not self priming and require a "head" so if you had a head during your test then it is reasonable to assume a defective pump, there should be a good stream of solid water exiting a good pump.

You may struggle as I believe the d5w does electronic checks on the water pump as part of the startup procedure. You may find the unit won't kick in with a third party fitted external pump.

I used a guy in eBay called Anglian postal parts for my D5w spares. He was excellent to deal with.

Kind regards

Dan

Hi Nmea, thanks for the reply. I have a D5W and the pump is £100+

I am thinking of replacing it with a regular 12v hot water circulation pump will this be ok?

Something like this.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/271910186650

That should be fine, though as said above the ECU checks the pump it only does so for excess current draw, short or open circuit, just check the draw on that pump and compare with the Eber.