satellite Box

Maverick

Featured Posts

Been given a small satellite dish and cable today that would not look out of place on my boat. Never had satellite before can anyone tell me what type of box I need just to enable me to watch the free ITV and BBC Channels etc.

Hi Maverick,

Depends on your budget etc, you can get cheap receivers that will pick up sky sat at 28.2 degrees east on ebay - good model is the pace ds430n but for channel 4 and 5 you will need a free sat card from sky, other makes worth looking at are the Technomate range you will then be able to pick up other satellites such as hotbird at 13.0 degrees east, mostly european country tv. Cant remember how much the freesat card is from sky - about £20 - one off payment.

Either way if you put pace ds430n or technomate into the search on ebay you will get a good idea of prices.

:rolleyes:

Hi..

I supply and fit satellite TV onto boats (travel sat) as seen in the canal mags..

So someone has given you a dish and a bit of cable. (Good start)

What you'll need to certainly watch channel 4 and 5 is a sky digi box, as you will need a free sat viewing card to gain access to these two channels he card is a one off £20 from sky..

There are about 100 free TV channels and 50 odd radio available with out any card or monthly subscription..

Re the satellite receiver I do a brand-new skybox for £200 but as you’re a canal world forum member I'll knock off £50 so to you £150 a brand-new box with a 12 month guarantee..

You will also need some form of satellite finder as its rather difficult to set up by just moving the dish to locate the signal, these I do also..

As I cover the whole country fitting on site, if you need a hand to set it up and show you how to locate the satellite that would be no problem..

Cheers for now Martyn..

If you have any further questions I'm on 07914 401 036..