Quote button not working

Featured Posts

When I hit the 'quote' button it doesn't include the post I want to quote, it's as if I was just replying without a quote. What's wrong?

Browser/OS/device??

If you are using MS Edge it can be a PITA with this and other forums that use the same software...

Edited by MJG

I'll have to take your word for that, PITA is a type of bread kebabs are served in, as an alternative to nan, that's all I know. It used to work, stopped doing so a week ago, I didn't change anything.

I'll have to take your word for that, PITA is a type of bread kebabs are served in, as an alternative to nan, that's all I know. It used to work, stopped doing so a week ago, I didn't change anything.

But you still haven't answered my first question or confirmed if you are using Edge or not.

Yes I do use Edge. Funny really, I'm someone who thrives on logic but find computer issues baffling. I used Edge last week, the quote button worked. Now it doesn't. I never try to do anything clever with my computer because in that respect; I'm not clever. So I haven't updated anything or similar. I've simply switched my computer on, visited forums I use, bit of Ebay, couple of other sites I visit, then switched the machine off. I don't think I've worn it out or anything. But now it doesn't work.

As I said, baffling.

Yes I do use Edge. Funny really, I'm someone who thrives on logic but find computer issues baffling. I used Edge last week, the quote button worked. Now it doesn't. I never try to do anything clever with my computer because in that respect; I'm not clever. So I haven't updated anything or similar. I've simply switched my computer on, visited forums I use, bit of Ebay, couple of other sites I visit, then switched the machine off. I don't think I've worn it out or anything. But now it doesn't work.

As I said, baffling.

Then I would suggest you use an alternate browser such as Chrome and see if you can replicate the issue. You will probably find that if you use Internet Explorer it will work fine too.

Edge is pants and has just has a pretty big update ISTR which may be at the root of your problem.

When I hit the 'quote' button it doesn't include the post I want to quote, it's as if I was just replying without a quote. What's wrong?

​Thought I'd test it, I'm replying to this using Microsoft Edge. I wouldn't be surprised to find some compatibility issues with this browser but that said, it does work OK for me using Edge.

I'd try clearing your page cache. To do this, click on CTRL + F5 and re-test.

Does it work OK using other browsers?

For good measure, it may be worth checking your windows updates, particularly any related to Edge. If there's any new ones available, it may be a good idea to download them.