Flexible Gas Pipe

Cheeky Monkey

Featured Posts

Can any one help, I'm fitting a new LPG gas stove which has a 1/2" BSP outlet. I have run 1/2" gas pipe from the cylinder and now want to connect the cooker via a flex hose.

I'm having no luck at all sourcing a Type 2 BS 3212 1/2" flex. You can get them in 1/4" , 5/16 and 3/8" but none in 1/2". I know I could use reducers, but ideally I want to reduce the number of fittings in the run if possible. A boat yard mechanic did mention he saw a company advertising some somewhere, but couldn't remember where.

Ours is done with flex hose, as it the one at home.

- Both cookers push right the way back between to units. And this is by far the easyest way of facilitating that. Plus, the cooked do move around a bit, even though the boats cooker is retrained.

Also, bearing in mind that you have to replace the hose every 4/5 or so years, i wouldnt get hung up on finding an uncommon size for the neetness of not having a reducer. Its only one extra joint, and it can be after the isolater anyway.

Daniel

Ours is done with flex hose, as it the one at home.

- Both cookers push right the way back between to units. And this is by far the easyest way of facilitating that. Plus, the cooked do move around a bit, even though the boats cooker is retrained.

I guess it depends on accessibility and the type of cooker. It is not the preferred solution for BSS, Calor or ISO (RCD).

I admit I was thinking about a small caravan/boat type of cooker that is built in to the units, in which case the cooker should be securely fixed. Of course if you have a house-type cooker that has to be pulled forward to get access to the connection, hose is the only way.

Why do we still mess around with imperial ?

Metric for me- Sorry you traditionalists !!!!

The question is more complex than that, most appliances come to you with an imperial BSP connection so you will have to go from one to the other at some stage. Not just a British problem either, BSP threads have been adopted all over the world for all kinds of equipment and machinery.

I admit I was thinking about a small caravan/boat type of cooker that is built in to the units, in which case the cooker should be securely fixed. Of course if you have a house-type cooker that has to be pulled forward to get access to the connection, hose is the only way.
Ah yeah, makes sence if its a work-top hob thingy.

The question is more complex than that, most appliances come to you with an imperial BSP connection so you will have to go from one to the other at some stage. Not just a British problem either, BSP threads have been adopted all over the world for all kinds of equipment and machinery.
Yep, BSP is a international standard of pipe thread.

- So you get a full sized all-metric engineering drawing, with 3/4inch threaded outlet.

Simularly, most gears are still caluaclated and made using inches.

Daniel