What A "Middle Northwich" Boat Looks Like Out Of Water

alan_fincher

Featured Posts

Is that information fairly current Alan? Rather ironic if so; we bought Leonids when it was in use as a houseboat in the basin at Bishops Stortford in the 70s and it had a hydraulic drive bult into the elum then.

To be honest Tam, I'm not the best possible information on all the "Middle" boats

However I think the status is something like this, but someone needs to confirm and fill gaps for at least buttys Leonids ad Scales.

Motors

79 Radiant - Full length, unconverted, but modified longer engine room, (may not be Radiant!)

83 Sextans - Now about 50', converted, former ice boat conversion, but now contains 10' of Thea.

84 Sickle - 40' unconverted tug, formerly ice boat

89 Taygeta - Full length unconverted, aka Severn Dolphin, (may not be Taygeta)

91 Theophilus - 40' under restoration, formerly ice boat, likely to be turned out "tug format", but with extra accommodation forward of engine.

92 Tucana - Full length being worked on for use by a school, (may not be Tucana)

93 Tycho - 45' ice boat unconvered (40' boat, 5' ice ram)

100 Zodiac - Full length part converted, (I think the only one of the 4 full length onse believed to definitely be the name it now carries).

Buttys (original motor name in brackets)

343 Regulus (Radiant) Full length, unconverted, paired with "Radiant".

353 Scales (Sextans) Full length I think, was Powys Princess trip boat at one stage. No other info other than probably on K&A

350 Sarpedon (Sickle) Full length converted house boat on S&W.

378 Triagulum (Taygeta) Full length unconverted, (outwardly at least), carries Willow Wren name Kestrel, I think.

372 Thea (Theophilus) 57' converted & motorised - tug format

370 Taurus (Tucana) Full length, unconverted - I think on the coal trade in London.

373 Thoth (Tycho) [scrapped]

301 Leonids (Zodiac) Full length - I think this is again carries a cabin conversion with a motorised elum, but am failing to find the recent evidence, (I'm sure I have seen pictures),

Can anybody fill the gaps please - particularly interested to know more about Leonids and Scales.

Corrections are both expected and welcomed!