Water heater

Kharikola

Featured Posts

Hi! Water in my morso heater isn't getting hot enough despite burners are alight and knob turned up to max! heater is about 4/ 5 years old.

The pump and accumulator tank are working ok!

Any ideas please?

Edited by Kharikola

Have you had the boat long enough to have been through weather where the temperatures have in the past been as low as they have been recently.

The way Morcos work, for a given flow rate, is that they raise the temperature by a set number of degrees.

From memory if it is a D61 model at its full flow rate of 6 litres per minute, then the water coming out should be 25 degrees C higher than that going in.

In summer, if the water in your cold tank is at say 20 degrees, then the Morco may heat it to 45 degrees, which would feel very hot. But in icy winter conditions, if the water in your cold tank is (say) only 5 degrees, then the water will only be heated to about 30 degrees, which, being less than body temp, will still feel very cool.

That is how they are meant to work, and if that's what is happening, you could only get higher output temperatures in cold conditions by throttling back the flow rate, (so the water spends longer passing through the heating coil, so comes out hotter.

This may not be the issue you have, but you need to be aware of it when considering what the best you can hope to get is, even if it is working perfectly.

Hi! Thanks for all replies! it is a D61E Eco. I'm going to try descaling But looks like I'll have to take it off the wall so I can get the fluid to run around the pipe

It is a possibility that temperatures are low but I've always had hot

Water

We live in a a hard water area which plays havoc with pub glass washer equipment. The boiler tubes become choked with limescale quite quickly. Same goes for the icemakers.

We descale the innards by pumping descalant through the machine using an external pump and tank. It would reasonably easy to set up something similar for a morco. I would have thought.