Oil level DM2

bassplayer

Featured Posts

The high and low marks on my dipstick are quite a long way apart. Out of curiosity how far up do you fill your DM2? I usually fill it up about 80% up to the high mark (after letting the oil circulate around the engine and filter) but was wondering if it's wiser to go right up to the high mark.

I have just bought and fitted the oil filter adapter that takes the spin on oil filter, I filled up with morris golden film sae 30. probably my imagination but it sounded better than ever. I always keep mine topped up to the full mark on the dip stick.

I have just bought and fitted the oil filter adapter that takes the spin on oil filter, I filled up with morris golden film sae 30. probably my imagination but it sounded better than ever. I always keep mine topped up to the full mark on the dip stick.

Any info/source for the oil filter adapter referred to?

You can get the adapter from Russell Newbery, tel 01327700023 or 07812039110 it comes with a 1/8" threaded hole in the top to take a pressure gauge but they will blank this off for you if required, they also supply the screw on filter, its not cheap at £67.50 but its a lot less messy at oil change times. Also it comes with all nuts bolts and gaskets for fitting.

You can get the adapter from Russell Newbery, tel 01327700023 or 07812039110 it comes with a 1/8" threaded hole in the top to take a pressure gauge but they will blank this off for you if required, they also supply the screw on filter, its not cheap at £67.50 but its a lot less messy at oil change times. Also it comes with all nuts bolts and gaskets for fitting.

OK great, thanks for the info