CUSTOMERS TURN BACKS ON B/W

seaandland

Featured Posts

The 2006 customer service figures have revealed that over a quarter of a million people turned their backs on British Waterways. The 2006 customer service report measured the progress B/W made towards customer elements of the 2012 vision.

The number of visits to the waterways was 268 million, down 10% on 2005.

The report acknowledged that the results were disappointing, but blamed reduced marketing spend and THE SURVEY NOT CAPTURING ALL VISITS.

A new marketing strategy will be in place by 2007/8.

The good news however is, that the public are valuing the waterways more, although value for money and exceeding expectations did not improve much in 2006.

My opinion is that, this is another way of everyone connected to the waterways showing a big vote of NO confidence in Robin Evans and his polices, including his infamous, the vision.

Could it have been due to the fact, rising fuel costs kept people away.

Leisure is obviously one of the first casulties when inflation takes off....never mind the government con of 2% (or whatever) That's just to keep my rise down to 95p or something like that. Real inflation is at least 10%, if not higher.

I know from looking as small cruiser sales. The last few years and boats have sold toward the end of September in days. Last year, several people I know were selling, and still are.

Could it have been due to the fact, rising fuel costs kept people away.

Leisure is obviously one of the first casulties when inflation takes off....never mind the government con of 2% (or whatever) That's just to keep my rise down to 95p or something like that. Real inflation is at least 10%, if not higher.

I know from looking as small cruiser sales. The last few years and boats have sold toward the end of September in days. Last year, several people I know were selling, and still are.

Depends which way they want to massage the figures. e.g.whether they leave house prices in the equation or not. Sorry :rolleyes: but couldn't let that go.

Add house prices and it's about 28% I think....

i don't know the figure, but it will be much higher with house prices included. Little wonder they removed them eh? :rolleyes: