General stoppages questions

Blue_skies

Featured Posts

Without sticking my neck out too far, i would suggest that in general duing the quieter times over the winter period, a gentle blind-eye is turned on exactly how CC move. Because as you say, you cant move that much sometimes when several stoppages are on.

- However, the stopaged are all timetabled, and the times/dates for stopages can be found online. So theres no need to get stuck the wrong side of one without fwd planning. Although clearly somtimes there can be issues with unplanned stopaged. Espically when they occur 9as the often do) in peak summer.

- There is also the option of geting a winter mooring with BW or a marina, and stopping in one place for a 3/4months duing the cold spell. As we do with emilyanne.

Daniel

Thanks for the replies Bottle and Dutch.

Are winter residential moorings available? I've been doing a lot of marina visits lately (as part of my research into living aboard) and there seems to be very long waiting lists for residential moorings. Perhaps I've not been asking the right question. Perhaps I should be asking about winter residential moorings?

Thanks for the replies Bottle and Dutch.

Are winter residential moorings available? I've been doing a lot of marina visits lately (as part of my research into living aboard) and there seems to be very long waiting lists for residential moorings. Perhaps I've not been asking the right question. Perhaps I should be asking about winter residential moorings?

Yes, winter moorings are available from BW, often managed by local marinas.

I had a winter mooring on the tow path at Crick the winter before last. There were no problems with living aboard or just mooring the boat for the winter. I also know a number of people over wintering on the tow path at Braunston and living on board. They have to move on at the end of March.

HI Blue Skies, we are con. cruisers and have just gone through our second winter, as long as you plan properly the stoppages are not a problem we spent the last few months on the Llangollen canal - very nice, why bother getting a winter mooring we find the freedom and space on the canals during the winter months is a whole new experience and at times very peaceful. :banghead: