The endeavour to buy The NB Endeavour Jean starts now ....

Chris J W

Featured Posts

Hi All!

As some will have seen from my very first post, my plan to re-start my life on the cut was predicated by being given severance (and lots of ££££!) from work.

Well, they've granted me it, but all I know at the mo is that it will be mid-June and I should be getting about £100k pay-off. I'm currently planning on keeping my rented flat until July 31st with the idea of getting the boat before then morring up at the Maida Vale / Kensal Rise vistor morrings whilst I move in.

So, a few questions ....

* Recommendations for sellers within the M25? - I'm stuck to public transport, so any recommendations for Good Used Boat sellers within the M25 area would be appreciated.

* Planning on getting a 40-50ft, reverse layout, pump-loo, cruiser stern - so is £20-30k reasonable for a good used boat that could act as a proper base and yet give me chance to customise a bit?

* When I get my cash mid-june, is it reasonable to give a month and half lead time to find and buy the boat?

* Just how 'anal' are BW on over stays at visitor moorings? Just that I regularly walk down the Grand Union passed Maida Vale and Kensal Rise visitor moorings and have seen the same boats there more than the fortnight I'd've expected. (Unless there's an unadvertised residential bit?)

* Finally - anyone here resident/regular at either Lisson Green or Maida Vale moorings? Would be fun (and no doubt useful!) to meet up with someone to have a real face to face chat.

Many thanks in advance

Chris

On the visitor moorings issue, some of the original overstayers at Kensal Rise are now paying for winter moorings, others might still be overstaying but there's a been a lot of history at that spot & pressure from BW to move people so they might be quick to tell you to move.

Edited by blackrose

On the visitor moorings issue, some of the original overstayers at Kensal Rise are now paying for winter moorings, others might still be overstaying but there's a been a lot of history at that spot & pressure from BW to move people so they might be quick to tell you to move.

Ah! The 'winter moorings' could explain it, then. Thanks!