Winter mooring, general towpath price increases?

Dovetail

Featured Posts

winter towpath moorings - best thing ever. I spent 5 months outsite the General Elliot in Uxbridge. Made loads of new friends. Increased the pubs coffers by a goodly amount and donated £250 to C&RT for the privalidge. What's not to like from all points of view. clapping.gif

They really don;t learn do they.....

3. Visitor Moorings Update

- Signage is currently being updated in Banbury & Oxford to enable us to implement overstaying charges and should be completed by May.

Overstaying charge is a penalty charge - not permissible under current legislation.

Extended stay charges are a completely different kettle of fish.

It is difficult to see which local residents would be inconvenienced in the Waitrose pound - there are no houses within breathing distance.

The Crusty Palace pound - well, My Boy Clive was there for yet another winter - perhaps the lady opposite in the gorilla shop could do some intensive negotiations with the local smokeless fuel sellers instead of getting her knickers in a twist in the(her) Port of Berkhampstead(sic)

Been quite a few cases where extended stay charges as levied by supermarkets, service stations etc have been thrown out as not proportionate. I suspect the visitor mooring extended stay charge will one day be challenged on the same basis.