DarrenPhilip

Featured Posts

I am sure that some of you have lovely floral displays on the tops of your homes during the summer months, but was wondering what the best planters are. Initially i was thinking about the cheaper plastic ones, but the roof got so hot last summer, would they survive?

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. Keep warm!!

I use the plastic ones (not so cheap though), they have a reservoir in the bottom to hold water and a "feeding tube" to get water to the bottom of the trough. During the very hot days of summer I did have to water each evening, rest of the time was every second day.

Keep in mind when on the non-tidal Thames they do not like you using water points to water planters.

this the planter that sits on top of the gas locker

dCKGkpA.jpg

this was taken in the spring, just as one of my herb planters was starting out

aOk1Hvx.jpg

and a couple of my flower planters about 2 - 3 weeks after planting them up - they filled out so much you couldn't really see the containers by early summer :)

cpRsZaI.jpg

Mind you 'im at the back wasn't all that fond of them...kept saying they were in his line of vision ??? Good job he never had to take the helm of Bunny (of this parish) tiller clapping.gif

She had the best display I seen all summer cheers.gif

I am sure that some of you have lovely floral displays on the tops of your homes during the summer months, but was wondering what the best planters are. Initially i was thinking about the cheaper plastic ones, but the roof got so hot last summer, would they survive?

Any suggestions would be very gratefully received. Keep warm!!

I would recommend grow bags not too obscuring and very stable