painting an instantaneous gas water heater ?

Featured Posts

I've just finished tiling the partition behind my kitchen/galley with orange 'metro tiles' and now I'm looking at the Morco water heater which is mounted there and wondering if I can paint it a more appealing colour than white. I was thinking of black actually.

Is there a particular reason not to do this? With radiator or stove paint?

I know the paint may be a bit unwilling to stick so it would probably need keying with coarse wet and dry first but it occurs to me there may be some sort of safety issue involved.

any help or comments appreciated

ta

I've just finished tiling the partition behind my kitchen/galley with orange 'metro tiles' and now I'm looking at the Morco water heater which is mounted there and wondering if I can paint it a more appealing colour than white. I was thinking of black actually.

Is there a particular reason not to do this? With radiator or stove paint?

I know the paint may be a bit unwilling to stick so it would probably need keying with coarse wet and dry first but it occurs to me there may be some sort of safety issue involved.

any help or comments appreciated

ta

I painted the outside of mine, having de-rusted it. I didn't use special primer, just used three or four coats of radiator paint. It didn't come off, discolour, or cause anything untoward.