Don't like the look of this.......

monkeyhanger

Featured Posts

• 4 months later...

I'm assuming these would be second hand.

Just thought I'd tie up loose ends. The engine is rebuilt and running well. Replacement gearbox parts were not found, so the box was put back together "as was".Actually not quite true, as some adjustments and corrections to my 25 years ago rebuild mean that the box is now smoother and quieter than ever!

I brought the boat from Braunston to London in February, engine and box going well, only for the water pump to start chucking water out all over the engine room-and I could see it coming out of the side door at one point! A good friend helped with a mooring while I sorted a temporary fix which then allowed me to get back to my home mooring.

I've had the water pump sleeved, and it's now ready for its first run out, to Canalway Cavalcade at Little Venice this weekend. Fingers crossed it'll last for another 25 years!

If anyone with a JP is in the same position as I was,I can highly recommend Jonathan Hewitt at Union Canal Carriers for the work he did .

Many thanks to every one on this forum who has given useful information, suggestions and advice along the way

See you somewhere on the cut! Jack

We will be at the Cavalcade (on foot) tomorrow, I will look for your boat as it would be interesting to chat with you about your experiences with your JP2. We have a JP3M and probably some of the same work ahead of us.