Invertor cable run?

Sierra2

Featured Posts

Paul C - Simply I don't have one area that could house all the electrics. The location of the two side panels in the wheelhouse are dead space and hence why I want to use them, free up other space for storage (and a planned mini bar biggrin.png)

Secondly as I'm starting from scratch I thought it wise to keep both sides as separate as possible on safety grounds. Not so much for myself but for future owners who might wish to make modifications additions.

Yellow Artic 2.5mm2 is being used throughout on the AC side and I plan to not use yellow sleeved wire on the DC side.

Bod - cable run is exact, used some other wire to trace the conduit clips/sleeving path exactly and then measure with tape

Nicknorman - I take your point on 330aH not being enough but as Stroller is V' planing hull cruiser I very concious of adding weight and want to keep the total number of battery's to four. Indeed when I was stripping her of the old electrics/set up I was very surprised at what I found. Both Port & Star engines had there own starter battery. The remaining two I thought were the leisure bank but it turned out one was dedicated to the Bilge pumps (paranoid owner?) leaving only one battery (110aH) for domestic use and over 12 halogen bulbs through out the boat!

My plan now is to have one shared starter battery for both engines and the windlass with a reminder notice on dash (for future owners) to start engines one at a time. Bridging wiring with isolator will be fitted to use the leisure bank in an emergency.

This leaves three batts for the domestic side.

The proposed use will be at least 75% marina shore power based and 25% off grid cruising. I'm certainly trying to make sure everything is 12v powered or gas cooked (kettle, toaster etc) and don't plan to use the Inverter very much.

If things change in the future with moorings and power options then I might look into 4 6v Trojan packs.

Smileypete - She is GRP but that's good advice, thanks

Chaz

Edited by Sierra2

I think the same total energy will go in, so if you double the mass you would have to double the time to get the same energy, HOWEVER the microwaves don't actually penetrate that far, so for something like a tattie the middle is cooked by conduction, not directly by microwave. Meantime the outside is overcooking and the microwaves energy is going into boiling off water at or near the surface. So when you add another tattie you don't need to double the time / energy because less is wasted in converting liquid water to vapour, meanwhile it still takes not far off the same time for the heat to permeate to the middle.

Wow! wink.png