Webasto Thermo 90S & 90ST

Staarek

Featured Posts

Hi there,

I wonder if anyone can help. I'm looking into buying a spare Webasto just in case the unit I'm using currently fails. At the moment I've got Thermo 90 St version but I've seen quite a few Thermo 90 S units, are these interchangeable? Would that be a direct replacement or the connections etc are different? What's the difference between them anyway? Many thanks

I'd probably not bother unless offered one for a silly low price.

They're usually reasonably reliable these days, (install/fuel/maintenance issues aside, o yes!)

If there's alternative heating like Morco, stove, then heater failure isn't the end of the world.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Edited by smileypete

I'd probably not bother unless offered one for a silly low price.

They're usually reasonably reliable these days, (install/fuel/maintenance issues aside, o yes!)

If there's alternative heating like Morco, stove, then heater failure isn't the end of the world.

cheers, Pete.

~smpt~

Thanks Pete. I used 5Kw unit before for over 2 years no problems whatsoever. This one is just over a year old and I'm thinking that since the service cost is over 300 quid + you need to remove it and send it away etc. maybe it's not worth it? I'm trying to look after it, it works quite hard as I have 5 rads and the calorifier and I never run it longer then 1hr (then at least an hour break before switching back on). So I was thinking that picking up a second hand unit for around £500 might be worth considering?

Have you seen this thread? http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20695

Not sure how similar the 90 st and the c are, but if you are concerned about service cost you could always have a go yourself. Armed with the above, which is very comprehensive, I'm going to have a go when it's next due.

Have you seen this thread? http://www.canalworld.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=20695

Not sure how similar the 90 st and the c are, but if you are concerned about service cost you could always have a go yourself. Armed with the above, which is very comprehensive, I'm going to have a go when it's next due.

Hi Kendal. Thanks for that. I've seen this guide it's very good. I use to have ThermoTopC but 90 St seems quite different.

Thermo90ST.jpg

Hi,

We have a 90st on our boat and its now 6 years and 5000ish hours in use as our only heating and yes we live aboard

I did fit a Morso in January this year just in case we run out of kerro or have issues with the 90

Our 90 has always run on kerro and has never had a service - my thoughts are if it cokes up it will stop working and the sevice is mainly a de-coke? so leave well alone

I have two spare heaters picked up over the years, one as new the other for spares - my view is that I can always sell them on if I do not use them

Our system has been 100% reliable to date

Regards Ray

Edited by raymondh

Hi,

We have a 90st on our boat and its now 6 years and 5000ish hours in use as our only heating and yes we live aboard

I did fit a Morso in January this year just in case we run out of kerro or have issues with the 90

Our 90 has always run on kerro and has never had a service - my thoughts are if it cokes up it will stop working and the sevice is mainly a de-coke? so leave well alone

I have two spare heaters picked up over the years, one as new the other for spares - my view is that I can always sell them on if I do not use them

Our system has been 100% reliable to date

Regards Ray

Thanks Ray. Do you know by any chance if 90S and 90ST are interchangeable? Thanks

Hi,

I did not worry re S or ST as most parts are interchangeable I think (cant look at my spares as we are "moored" at Old Hartley CC site watching an amazing seascape with locals surfing!) that the ST has the connector sockets on the bottom edge of the control unit and the S has them on the side??

I am sure that a contributer with more knowledge than myself will advise

Regards Ray

Thanks Ray. Do you know by any chance if 90S and 90ST are interchangeable? Thanks

Most parts are but not the ECU and some wiring, though 90s often have bespoke wiring anyway, especially the OEM ones. If you let me have an email address I can send you the parts list with exploded diagrams so you can compare part numbers and the workshop manuals for both too.

• Greenie 1

Most parts are but not the ECU and some wiring, though 90s often have bespoke wiring anyway, especially the OEM ones. If you let me have an email address I can send you the parts list with exploded diagrams so you can compare part numbers and the workshop manuals for both too.

Thanks Mr NMEA,

Hoped you would put us right whilst praying I never need to "fix" my heater

Regards Ray

Thanks Gents. I think I will be keeping an eye on cheap(ish) 90ST's on ebay but since my unit is only a year old I'm not in a massive rush, also there is also the stove if worst comes to worst...