Somerset Coal Canal Company

RogerV

Featured Posts

I have only ever been down there as a walker. It looks to be a really nice secure place to moor. Bit tight, and nothing bigger than about 60' can turn at the end, nice cafe with good food and pretty good yard at the end.

When we buy (!) our boat I would look quite seriously at getting a mooring there - but I suspect there is a long waiting list and its probably pricy!

I have only ever been down there as a walker. It looks to be a really nice secure place to moor. Bit tight, and nothing bigger than about 60' can turn at the end, nice cafe with good food and pretty good yard at the end.

When we buy (!) our boat I would look quite seriously at getting a mooring there - but I suspect there is a long waiting list and its probably pricy!

Nice stretch of canal it is there. Be better when they extend it further

Thanks for the replies

Hi, has anyone moored there? I was just hoping to find out some general info about them before I go and take a look?

We moored near the junction last August - plenty of room even though it was the height of the season - and walked along to the end. Nice area to walk round . . .

I'm sure its non-residential (I notice its under 'Living Afloat'). This may be inconsequential (often is) but it's a fairly easy place to control if they do take it seriously so you should also check that out.

Ben.

Ben,

It is but they will allow pied-a-terre use for five days a week in principle.

I had my name down for over two years without any luck or even sniff of a mooring - a friend has been waiting for nearly five. If you are thinking about applying, have a chat to the towpath telegraph; perhaps before you talk to the owner. I was extensively 'interviewed' about my marital status, job and salary when I first applied. Not convinced that would have happened if I was a chap.

Shep