Vactan watertank victory!

Featured Posts

Finally, today, decided to do what I've been intending to do for three years! Check and re-Vactan the integral watertank. Given that we've never used blacking, and the Vactan people suggested it ought to be at least checked every six months, I unbolted and lifted the hatch with great trepidation, expecting to find a load of rust...rather like the awful state of the tank when we first bought the boat.

Imagine my grateful surprise, once I'd drained the water and let the tank dry, to see no more than four small spots of rust. Have now re-Vactanned it and will wait a few days to ensure it dries and cures properly before re-filling the tank.

Photo taken when tank had just dried, before any brushing or scraping. One rust spot between my shoes.

10519195_10152707198507959_8430115788729

Edited by Québec

I am dreading opening our tank... Not done in the 3 years we've had it, i doubt it was done for the preceding 5 years.

My plan was to get in, assess, wire brush and black it, but that looks a fine job. Might even do that and fit a liner rather than have to repeat the task

Do you drink the water from the tank or, is it just for showers/washing dishes etc...?

Not normally for drinking...though have done. Looks/smells/tastes fine...and did so right up to last week.

Edited by Québec