Canal walk

Felshampo

Featured Posts

I've got a couple of days spare and plan to do a walk that incorporates a canal. I normally like to go somewhere in the Peaks but fancy exploring one of the waterways. I will usually manage about 15 to 20 miles over the two days with an overnight bivvy. It needs to be a round trip to get back to the car.

What can you recommend, as the people on the ground, so to speak?

I was looking at the Erawash but I am open to any other suggestions.

Cheers

Jon

What about Macclesfield to Whaley Bridge & Bugsworth basin along the Macclesfield canal & Upper Peak Forest canal. Lots of great sceney with the possibility of extending to Dove Holes up the old inclined railway track bed. You can always get a bus or train back to Macclesfield or walk back over the hills.

Edited by Flyboy

A nice out and back rather than a round trip would be the Leeds / Liverpool starting at say Barnoldswick and head for Skipton/Saltaire/Bingley.

Or on the same lines, the Rochdale starting at Sowerby bridge or Hebdon bridge then a short train ride back for the car