Choices, choices...

Fintan

Featured Posts

Any offer you make should be subject to survey but remember if the survey makes it a "not for you" boat you will still have to pay the surveyor and the yard for slipping the boat. So - as posted earlier you need to be able to afford the cost of the boat and the survey and the survey costs will have to be met irrespective of whether you buy the boat or not.

Where is the fridge? Couldn't see it in the video. Not sure I like the idea of a 240V fridge - it means your inverter is on 24/7, with the associated efficiency losses. Lots of people have 240V stuff, so it's not wrong - I just don't like it smile.png

Does it really need a full repaint, or just a bit of touching up and a polish? In the video it doesn't look too bad?

The fridge is in the press under the sink, though to be perfectly honest, I've been in rented accommodation on my own for the last six months, and the only thing I've used the fridge for is milk... so it's something I'm fine with not having on most of the time, and can turn it on if necessary if there are others using the boat.

Besideswhich, I'll be getting most of my power from the shore, as I'll be stationary most of the time except for the occasional excursion on the weekends.

I don't think the video is that recent - the door at the front didn't seem as open and drafty and insecure as it looks in the video. The entire roof definitely needs to be redone, and there's a fair bit of rust on various parts of the boat - though I don't know how much rust is a problem.