Dirty tank

matt

Featured Posts

I've had a few fuel problems lately, which were fixed by bleeding but it got worse and worse until the engine stalled every couple of minutes.

Kings Lock fixed the problem by blowing air back in to the tank, they said it could either be dirt (it was launched down a slipway in the summer after blacking) or could be organic growth in the tank.

Is there any additive or other solution to stop any organic growth in the tank?

Matt.

Hi Matt

Fuel-set is one, there are others. The theory is that they make the water in the tank mix in with the fuel so it is not available to the organisms.

If you get an infestation, it usually blocks the filter with a black sludge.

are you going back to Calverley?

Hi Matt

Fuel-set is one, there are others. The theory is that they make the water in the tank mix in with the fuel so it is not available to the organisms.

If you get an infestation, it usually blocks the filter with a black sludge.

are you going back to Calverley?

Thanks for that. Yep, finally got back yesterday.

It took me 2 hours to moor up as I had to rig up 5 chains - there is so little solid metal to attach to and nowhere to put a peg in so I've tried to spread the weight.

If anyone comes past too fast you might see me drifting past you :rolleyes:

Matt.

Had the same problem at the end of last year. I taped a clear plastic hose onto a garden cane. Insert into diesel tank and used small hand bilge pump to draw off about 4 litres of grunge.

Clean out the aglomorator (?spelling - the water trap) change the fuel filter and that should be that.