PRM 150 oil change

Featured Posts

I think it is supposed to be every 700 or 750 hours that you change it, although there is probably a time limit as well. The oil always looks like new though, so I don't think you can judge by looks alone.

My Beta 43 manual...says engine oil every 250 hours...PRM150 every 750 hours..

I 'tended' to change the engine oil nearer the 200 hours and gearbox every 2 engine oil changes...ie 500 hours....

I thought that I had seen 750 hours somewhere and did not just make it it. The Beta manual says 750 hours and the PRM one say the same as the engine oil change.

What I actaully do is change the gearbox oil when I change the engine oil, but I do use a pump to get the gearbox oil out so I certainly don't get it all out, perhaps 75%.

I change gearbox oil in my cars regularly - but not frequently (it has a long service interval, but not infinite). Can I ask which service schedule you consulted, which says it never needs changing?

Have you owned it all those 187,000 miles? Which Merc is it? I've owned 5 Mercedes, 4 of them auto.

Hi from my manual I quote

"Automatic transmission fluid level

The transmission has a permanent fill of automatic
transmission fluid.
Regular automatic transmission fluid level checks and
changes are not required. For this reason the dipstick is
omitted.
If you notice fluid leaks or gear shifting malfunctions,
have your authorized Mercedes-Benz Center check the

transmission fluid level"

Car act. 15 years old I am 2nd owner W210 E240 runs on LPG cost average around 12p mile

Pretty good for an old tank

Ray