Been looking at boats, can't decide!

Ricco1

Featured Posts

Nothing at all wrong with a pram hood cover on a cruiser (sociable) stern. If it isn't a vintage working boat why try to make it look like one! There is nothing traditional about the majority of so called trad boats.

Dave

Precisely.....

and to the OP - glad you are sorted, only you in the end were best placed to make the decision as you were 'the man on the ground' so to speak we were all just throwing in opinions based on a couple of (lets be honest) not very good AD adverts.

It is the 'right' decision because it was your decision, I suspect if you had gone for the Springer (as nice as it looked) you would always have had a lingering doubt that perhaps you should really gone for the Hallmark.

Enjoy........!

PS - I do think you are taking a bit of risk not even having the hull surveyed but it's your call.

Edited by The Dog House

I'd endorse Martin's comment re the hull survey.

If you're paying less than £18,000 for a boat then I suppose the cost of a lift out and even just a hull survey, maybe £450-ish is a significant amount, but the only people I've met who bought a boat without a survey are, guess what, the only ones I know that immediately had problems with the hull.

And there must be countless threads on this forum where experienced boat owners have advised prospective buyers that a survey is pretty much an essential part of the buying process.