Wanted - Information about 'Ian', Barlow Motor Boat

SarahT

Featured Posts

Hi Kevin and Sarah

My father owned the boat Ian from 1970 for over 20 years. I am sure if you want any information about the boat he would be happy to help you. He is best to talk to over the phone rather than through the forum as he has limited skills using IT, so if you are interested in chatting with him let me know.

Ok thanks for the information which I’ll pass onto my dad. I think he was hoping it had been restored. He has lots of information about its history if needed. He is Bob Beere and has a smaller narrow boat called Iron now which he is still navigating the canals single handed key at 83?

• Happy 1

Hi Juliet, Louise and I had YARMOUTH, a Braithwaite horse boat motorised, back in late 1982, and took a residential mooring some time after and stayed until around 1990.

We had two dogs at the time - Bert & Elsa. Always remember Bob turning in the basin on IAN just on tickover or nearly so, never adjusted the throttle, just did the whole manoeuvre cleanly to take his mooring on the offside.