Droitwich Spa Marina

MrsB

Featured Posts

Hi everyone, if job applications go well, we will be looking at mooring at Droitwich Spa Marina. Could I have your thoughts please? I have a few questions eg, can you hear the motorway? is it a tranquil setting? does it feel safe? Any other thoughts, comments welcome.........thanks in advance....

Mrs B

While you're waiting for more informed comment, have you tried Googling for the marina?

On the RHS of the search result you'll see a link to Google maps which you can scroll for more details. The M5 is some distance away, but nearer is a railway line which can be quite noisy - according to a recent blog "perfect mooring on the Worcester....).

I'm doing my research for a trip starting later in the week - but that'll probably be too late for this thread...

(I do find google maps and its street view can be quite useful - the pictures can be quite old, though)

Hi old Goat, thanks for the reply, yes, I've been on their website and also used google maps and google earth........I will be visiting too if other half's job application is successful (fingers crossed) just wondering if any one has experiences of the marina they may like to share :)

Many thanks

I am not actually at Droitwich spa marina but just down the canal at Hanbury. I have friends that moor there. If you are just mooring the boat and not living on it. then it is a nice marina with excellent facilities very safe as well. Yes you are close to the M5 and can hear the motorway. I have also been told that it can get windy there at times. but it is a nice setting and the owners are very nice.

Hi Mrs B

We were on our boat for about a month at Droitwich during March, and I really liked it. It was windy and you can hear the traffic continually when outside, but it didn't bother me when we were on the boat (although we didn't have the doors open). The facilities were still new and clean, and there is even a bath. There are about 3 showers, and a free hairdryer and tongs in the ladies toilet. However there is only one washing machine and one tumble dryer so during busy periods that may be a problem. The cost of the tumble dryer was £2 for 40 minutes which seemed a bit steep, although I discovered that I could dry a load of washing in that time.There is plenty of parking, and the entry system to the marina is a gate which is operated by your phone, so you don't need to get out of the car.

Nick (the manager) is very friendly and is fairly easy going. He is happy to let dogs walk off the lead in the marina as long as you clean up after them. The only thing he wasn't keen on was letting me have my shopping delivered. Droitwich has a Waitrose, Morrisons and Homebase but not much else, although I didn't explore too much. There are no shops within walking distance but there is a pub that over looks the canal, and the food is ok.

I always felt safe there and we only moved because of work.

Sandra

We had a short term mooring there a month ago. I thought it was very nice, but you can hear the motorway so not as traquil as the surrounds suggest, but I guess you would get used to it. I would suggest you visit before hand and see what you think.

Thank you for your replies, Puckle, Sjc and John6767 we do plan to visit late September. Does anyone have any other suggestions of Marinas to moor in half way between Walsall and Worcester? We will be both working full time for a while so will want a Marina.....

Many thanks

Mrs B