Can I Canoe You Up The River...

magpie patrick

Featured Posts

I paddle the canals a lot, usually the Basingstoke, Wey and Oxford. I agonised over getting an inflatable for ages and in the end decided (after trying a rigid) that that what what I wanted, so I got an Old Town Guide from ebay. After about a year I decided that I wanted a new boat that was lighter and a bit more pleasing to the eye, so I got a brand new Old Town Camper, I usually camp when I canoe so I needed some space, hence the bigger, rigid boats. An inflatable for me just didn't have the room. I then decided that I needed something that I could just chuck on the car at a moments notice whenever the need arose for a quick paddle, I then purchased a new Sit On Top. Very pleased with that and perfect for my needs as it's small and light (you do get a wet bum though).

The Camper 16 will be out and about on the GU this weekend around Weedon.

It really is a great hobby, weekend before last I was on the River Adur in Sussex and had seals around the boat, messing around in the tide.

Enjoy your paddling!

Never.

Whoes coat is that jacket?

Over by here.

There are not many things in this world more beautifull than a raven haired woman talking Welsh.

Or dangerous...

. For me its a muddy and bruised rugby gladiator leaving the pitch and talking Welsh..oh!!! Stradey Park, such happy days, and the only thing that would leave moi speechless and in awe.....absolutely wonderful :-)

I paddle the canals a lot, usually the Basingstoke, Wey and Oxford. I agonised over getting an inflatable for ages and in the end decided (after trying a rigid) that that what what I wanted, so I got an Old Town Guide from ebay. After about a year I decided that I wanted a new boat that was lighter and a bit more pleasing to the eye, so I got a brand new Old Town Camper, I usually camp when I canoe so I needed some space, hence the bigger, rigid boats. An inflatable for me just didn't have the room. I then decided that I needed something that I could just chuck on the car at a moments notice whenever the need arose for a quick paddle, I then purchased a new Sit On Top. Very pleased with that and perfect for my needs as it's small and light (you do get a wet bum though).

The Camper 16 will be out and about on the GU this weekend around Weedon.

It really is a great hobby, weekend before last I was on the River Adur in Sussex and had seals around the boat, messing around in the tide.

Enjoy your paddling!

...oh wow I am so envious, to have seals beside me whilst in my canoe, would be breathtaking :-)