Cutting The Grass Along Towpaths

DeanS

Featured Posts

That's all very well for you nestled between two bridge holes on the Shroppie! :-)

With all due respect, while for various reasons including my being in Delhi all summer with work we are on reduced operations this year, we are usually active around the whole system. There are very few corners of the system I have not boated in the last decade.

Daniel

With all due respect, while for various reasons including my being in Delhi all summer with work we are on reduced operations this year, we are usually active around the whole system. There are very few corners of the system I have not boated in the last decade.

Daniel

I'm only pulling your leg Daniel!

We spotted Emilyanne the other day whilst out on one of our rare boat movements. Let's hope that you bring back an Indian summer with you and we can continue to enjoy the warmth until late in the year.

We paused this afternoon to shop in Rugby and promptly stood in dog mess as I stepped off. I was cross! If more dogs were on leads on tow paths then maybe owners might notice their pets faeces.

Hello Peter,

I can fully understand your annoyance of the dog poo incident. I'm not so sure whether the dogs being on leads would alleviate the problem that much. We see dog owners walking along the tow path with their dogs on leads who still allow them to foul the area regardlessly.

It's not so much about noticing, but more about caring whether they create a socially unacceptable mess behind them! Ironically, here in Audlem, it's the non-boaters with their dogs who create the most mess yet the actual boaters tend to get the blame.