My victron battery monitor wont work.

nb celestine

Featured Posts

Hi, I,ve just got back to the boat after a week away and looking at the victron bmv 600 battery monitor, it is showing nothing. No power getting to it, by the look of it. I charged the batteries to float before I went away and removed the electric master switch.

Getting back to the boat this afternoon I put the switch back in and everything works but the monitor which was fine before I went away.

I pulled the grey cable out of the back of the monitor, gave it a blow, and reconnected. Nothing.

I followed the grey cable through to the engine bay where it is connected to a brass block with 2 brass bolts which all the negatives are connected to. Please excuse my ignorance but electrics aren't my forte'

The grey cable looks like it is connected to the brass block between the 2 bolts and it looks fine aswell. It looks like it is fitted to a little multi plug. A couple of mill to the right of this small multi plug, there is a red cable that may or may not be related to the grey victron cable. The red cable has an inline fuse which is fine and then runs off to a battery positive.

I,ve looked at the little booklet that came with the victron but no trouble shooting guide. Its been fine for at least 3 years and I like it.

Any ideas, in laymans terms please. I do have a multimeter that I can play about with.

Thanks, Paul.

My first one went up the creek the same way after a couple of months. I got on to Victron in Holland and they sent me one FOC and were supposed to enclose a PP returns lable but never did so somewhere I still have it.