How not to change your fuel filters?

Featured Posts

Engine not too well since last year, stalling in neutral when warm?

1) Fuel problem, so have it polished!

Tank nice and clean no sign of water, no sign of bug?

2) Nice clean fuel, next change the filters!

How do you get this grippy thing to remove the filter when there is a skin tank on one side and engine bearers on the other. You unbolt the filter housing, disconnect the pipes and stick the whole thing in a vice, great, piece of cake, fit new filter, bolt it all back up!

Move on to the canister, oh dear, how do I get these seals off without standing on my head in the bilge. You unbolt the whole filter housing, disconnect the pipes, turn it upside down, so you can see what your doing, great, piece of cake, fit new filter, bolt it all back up!

Now, I'm sure it shouldn't be that hard to prime the system? It fires up nicely, but why does it rev like that without the throttle? At least the engine stop works!

Back to basics, follow them pipes, something's not right? Tank - water separator - lift pump - fuel filter - injector pump, aha! Why is the inlet to the filter coming from the bit where the throttle goes?

Yep, them fuel pipes are sneaky beggars, turn your back for a second and them swap em selves over!

3) Don't need to have injector pump checked.

4) Don't need to see if valves are sticking.

5) Need to change filters more frequently.

6) Need to paint inlut and outlet pipes different colours!