Error Messages

peterboy

Featured Posts

I evenually managed to register for the website (3 attempts) but people are not able to PM me and I can't PM them either. Also I can't change information on my profile.

All I get is an Error message in brown typeface telling me that I am not allowed to use this facilty or something similar.

Can someone help please as I want to play a fuller par on the website.

Thanks very much

Peter (peterboy)

But peterboy is obviously able to log in already otherwise we wouldn't see his postings?

I cannot log in from my pc at home despite endless attempts, yet no problems using the pc at my business. Can anyone explain this for me please. I have tried "removing cookies" as per instructions.

OK, there seems to be 3 issues here.

Peterboy - your account has been validated. You should have full access. I have pulled back restrictions as far as I can until the issue is sorted. Provisional members are able to post but not access PM (can't change that).

Bullfrog - what happens when you try to log on at home? Have you tried deleting all cookies , ensuring all cookies are switched on, and also cleared internet history and temporary internet files. If you still have problems after doing this then get back to me.

Speedy - I have no idea what could have caused that crash. Has it done it again since?

Jon

Peterboy - your account has been validated. You should have full access. I have pulled back restrictions as far as I can until the issue is sorted. Provisional members are able to post but not access PM (can't change that).

Bullfrog - what happens when you try to log on at home? Have you tried deleting all cookies , ensuring all cookies are switched on, and also cleared internet history and temporary internet files. If you still have problems after doing this then get back to me.

Speedy - I have no idea what could have caused that crash. Has it done it again since?

Jon

OK Jon, thanks very much I see that most other things are working now . . much appreciated

Peter

Jon

Hi Jon

I've done all you suggest many times. Deleted cookies - I've used the tool within the forum , and also done it via Explorer tools. I've made sure cookies are enabled and deleted all old temp files.

When I log in, the system says I have been successful and "wait while we transfer you" then I end up back in the forum with no log-in having beeen achieved and all member facilities denied.

This is only the case on my PC at home, via AOL dial-up. My system at work AOL Broadband works perfectly. I do check I have logged out at work at the end of the day!

Hope you can make sense of this. No panic about a reply we are away all this weekend.

Regards

David

Edited by Bullfrog