Wiring solar charge controller

Featured Posts

I plan on fitting a solar panel next week and pretty much know what goes where and when, but I'm a little unclear about where the connectors marked 'load' should go. Is it ok to connect the live feed to the isolator switch, so that it powers the on board 12v system but can be turned off with the switch? I was worrying it might be an issue that it is practically connected to the batteries.

I also gather inverters should not be connected to it, but I'm guessing if the load output is on the same circuit the batteries are connected to the inverter will drain the extra current needed from the batteries?

The load function on a lot of the MPPT controllers was designed for street lighting systems etc , to come on at a specified time period.

With some of the arrays we have on forum members boats now, peeps are looking at ways we can utilise the extra voltage through the load outlet when the batteries are on float by lunchtime.

You should be wiring the panels directly to the batteries via a controller to charge them (with a fuse in the positive side). Your 12V boat system then runs from your batteries.