More Picture Woes

Featured Posts

Hi

Just tried to update my build blog. Have 8 photos in the post but get the message too many pictures. Whats the limit and more to the point given that pictures are stored externally why is there a limit?

As an aside can only seem to post the content in Chrome, IE hangs any ideas?

Steve

15 per post was the limit on the old software, I haven't tried it on.the new version.

I guess any limit is set because of the time they take to initially download on some slow connections....not all boaters have fast cable bb all the time. If ever

Edited by The Dog House

These are hotlinked images, linked from outside the site, in a blog post?

Can you post a copy of the exact error message you are seeing?

I have to admit I dont use the blog side of the site a lot myself but will look into it for you.

Daniel

When you have prepared your post, and pressed submit (?) a red box appears at the top of the post saying (something like) 'Sorry. You have exceeded the number of photos permitted'.(I was doing this last night so I can't remember the exact wording)

I was attempting to post a new thread in 'Cruise Diaries' which did have quite a few photos in.

There is an upload button but not tried it.

The second issue about deleting images has got me beat...I too can,t see an option to delete images from your forum album.....weird..

Ed ~ just noticed the following when I clicked on the upload button ~

'You may not be able to delete images after they have been uploaded. If you require an image to be deleted after it has been uploaded you will need to report the image to a moderator'

Very strange but one for the mods. to sort for you.

Edited by The Dog House

hmm! I have tried to limit the photos/post to three or four, but when I reply to my own post, the reply gets amalgamated with the original one, meaning one post with loads of photos in it!

Unless you wait 10minutes, in which case, the following posts stand on there own.

Daniel