How can I use a mobile to put a photo in the gallery?

Featured Posts

I use an iPhone.

What's the easiest way to load a photo from my mobile onto this site?

Do I need to open a Flickr account?

I've come across advise for when using a PC, but ain't come across loading with a mobile.

Glenn.

I would say the best way to do it would be to get a mobile photobucket account and save it there.

Search the app. store for Photobucket and install the app. on your phone, it will look for and upload any images on your phone to the photobucket server, and it can be set to do this automatically as soon as you take a photo with your phone. (At least you can on the Android version - I assume the iOS version does the same)

You can then link to the image in almost exactly the same way as as you would do with a PC - it's a bit more of a faff to copy and paste the image code on a phone but it can be done.

Edited by The Dog House

Thanks! A very quick reply.

I will have a go at that and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

Glenn

No worries just one more thing - probably easier and quicker if you are near a PC is to actually set the photobucket account up on that and just link the app. to that.....

No worries just one more thing - probably easier and quicker if you are near a PC is to actually set the photobucket account up on that and just link the app. to that.....

No PC unfortunately.

Use of an iPad when pub has wifi, otherwise 3G on phone.

I'll see how I get on

Rainy day here, not much else to do when drying out from a couple of hours doing the locks

Thanks

Glenn

If you click on the link it displays fine so you are nearly there.

Look for the image code which starts and ends with , copy and paste that and your picture will display just fine.

So how do I do an avatar? . With the new website I don't now where to change my profile

From a phone???

I think it's still poss to use a URL to an on line image but the old forum was very fussy about image size. You could in theory link to a photobucket hosted image if it was small enough.

Are you using the full version of the forum on your phone?

If so touch your user name top right and you can go to your profile settings and change your photo which on the new forum software is the same as your avatar.

Finally found edit profile

You found it.

Are you using the full version of the forum on your phone?

If so touch your user name top right and you can go to your profile settings and change your photo which on the new forum software is the same as your avatar.

You found it.

Yes like you say. Appears in full version not mobile version

Still tricky to juggle screen to accommodate text though.

So that will have to wait for another rainy day when I'm at a PC

But the photobucket is easy to use.

Thanks again

Glenn