Boat Builders

Gillie

Featured Posts

Hi

Was wondering if anyone has had any dealings with ...or heard good or bad things about The Reading Marine co boat builders who are based at Aldermaston Wharf Reading...

Saw one of their boats at the IWA festival and we are thinking of getting them to build a boat for us ..

Thanks

Gillie

Hello Gillie

I've hired from Reading last year and found them to be a decently run business which I think applies also to their build side. It's a family outfit that's been around for some time and their boats are very high quality with a lot of modern fittings and latest technology. However you are talking very serious money and a very long waiting list when I enquired. One of their boats I saw was over six figures. They don't build the shells but buy them in to fit out.

Having a hire side to a business possibly makes it more stable as a builder but that's just my feeling, I can't prove it.

regards

Steve

Hi we have been ordering our electrical bits and bobs from there,a sound company with a very approachable owner,he never seems too busy to answer your questions and give advice,they only build a few boats a year,and are at the high end of the market,but remeber you do get what you pay for.