Thornycroft 90 BMC 1.5 alternator adjustment bracket.

Sydknee

Featured Posts

Attempted to change the belts today on my Thornycroft 90 BMC 1.5 and discovered that the adjustment bracket had broke. This would probably explain why it's started screeching.

I've looked around the net and have not been able to find a replacement any ideas where I can get one in the next few days ?

It's the one on the alternator at the bottom right of the engine, think its the one for the starter battery but not 100% sure. The belt isn't the one that drives the water pump!

Attempted to change the belts today on my Thornycroft 90 BMC 1.5 and discovered that the adjustment bracket had broke. This would probably explain why it's started screeching.

I've looked around the net and have not been able to find a replacement any ideas where I can get one in the next few days ?

It's the one on the alternator at the bottom right of the engine, think its the one for the starter battery but not 100% sure. The belt isn't the one that drives the water pump!

Try Thorneycroft.

Phil

The easy solution is to get someone to repair the broken bracket by welding. Obviously there is the danger that this could happen again, so it might be worth getting a replacement bracket fabricated.

Tried there but don't have one.

Try phoning them and ask for tech assistance, I have a type 80 and just looking in my manual the mounting arrangement is just the usual fixed bracket at the back of alternator, a supporting strap at front bottom and the adjuster strap above. I cannot imagine there is a deal of difference between engine types in respect of the mounts for the alternator. Speaking to the tech support bods may well elicit the sort of response that you need ie "use one of these and just open up this hole or file a bit of here"

Looking for a particular part number may well draw a blank but you just need to think laterally

Phil